Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

ICAO code for Malaysia aerodromes/airports

When talking about the aerodromes/airports in Malaysia, ever you think of how many airports/aerodromes we have in Malaysia? Never count on it?! Answer in you brain is still.. : erm...ar.. I know we have KLIA, Subang there, Sabah & Sarawak sure got "lo(then)" else how to fly to borneo island?, My own state got..... What else the answer can you give?

Well, I do count it! It does pick up my curiousity of... A small potato size (West Malaysia) can have how many aerodromes/airports? How about the lion size (East Malaysia) ? I started to wonder when I ought to head my head down to a Geography book by memorising the states which produce "kelapa sawit"(palm oil estate). I started to complain in my heart... why don't you have something nicer for me to memorise like the airports available in Malaysia but "Kelapa Sawit"(Palm oil estate)?? =.=" >.<" @@"" For the year of 2010, In Malaysia we have..... (Information from AIP).
*Base on ICAO(International Civil Aviation Organisation) code.

WMKA ALOR STAR / SULTAN ABDUL HALIM
WMKB BUTTERWORTH
WMKC KOTA BHARU / SULTAN ISMAIL PETRA
WMKD KUANTAN
WMKE KERTEH
WMKF RMAF KUALA LUMPUR / SIMPANG
WMKI IPOH / IPOH SULTAN AZLAN SHAH
WMKJ JOHOR BAHRU / SULTAN ISMAIL
WMKK KL INTERNATIONAL / SEPANG
WMKL LANGKAWI INTERNATIONAL
WMKM MALACCA
WMKN KUALA TERENGGANU / SULTAN MAHMUD
WMKP PENANG INTERNATIONAL
WMSA SUBANG / SULTAN ABDUL AZIZ SHAH
WMBT PULAU TIOMAN
WMAP KLUANG
WMGK GONG KEDAK
WMPR PULAU REDANG
WBGB BINTULU
WBGG KUCHING
WBGR MIRI
WBGS SIBU
WBGJ LIMBANG
WBKD LAHAD DATU
WBKK KOTA KINABALU
WBKL LABUAN
WBKS SANDAKAN
WBKW TAWAU

18 aerodromes/airports for my 'potato' states (West Malaysia) while 10 aerodromes/airports for my 'lion'(East Malaysia) states. 28 in total. Are you having the same as me? (I know I'm just too freeeee though. :P)

Well, West Malaysia starts with WM.. while East Malaysia starts with WB.. That's the Simplest way to differentiate it. Learn up your aerodromes. They're more stuffs you're required to know in DETAIL when you start flying.

Current airports/aerodromes I keep using from the most... WMKM, WMKJ, WMSA and WMKK.
Have learned up your nearest airport in ICAO by checking the google now?
It saves the task simple by just typing/writing with ICAO code instead of a long airport name.
=)

1 comment:

  1. MY TESTIMONY FROM A LEGITIMATE MONEY LENDER

    Hello Everybody
    My name is Mrs.Irene Azlin. I live in Malaysia and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $70,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 4 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of$70,000.00. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs.Irene Azlin, that refer you to him. contact DR KELLY WILLIAMS,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete